Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First 5k and an Announcement!

Matt and I are officially racers! We finally ran our first 5k. It was so much fun. I can't wait for the next one! Then a 10k and hopefully a half marathon not too far behind.

My PR for a 5k is 28:14 so I was really hoping to get right around the same time if not better. When the race started I had so much adrenaline and excitement that I just took off! Unfortunately, keeping up with the crowd was not in my best interest because I completely did not pace myself. Insert huge side cramp at 1 mile mark. Damn. I pushed through it, but it definitely slowed me down. I came in at 31:38.


Even though my time was off, I had such a blast. As I came up to the finish line Matt jumped out of the crowd cheering me on - "Dig in babe!!" Gosh I love him


Plymouth is such a beautiful town. I wish I could run that 3.1 mile course along the ocean every day. Maybe someday!

Matt, on the other hand, killed it (although he wishes he had done better). He came in at 22:26 and placed 8th in his age group. I was certainly impressed!


Rock that sweat band!


OH BY THE WAY.


We're engaged!!!


Best day of my life. He proposed on Labor Day and gave me the most beautiful ring ever! Life sure is blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment