Friday, March 29, 2013

Zucchini Lasagna with Spicy Chicken Sausage

I never thought I would say this..... I don't even miss the lasagna noodles in this!!


SO GOOD. Love me a carb-free italian meal!


Start by removing sausage from casing and brown in a tablespoon of EVOO. I used about 3/4 lbs of hot italian chicken sausage.
When fully cooked add 1 medium onion, diced and 3 minced cloves of garlic. Once onion turns translucent add tomato sauce and simmer on low for 10 mins to combine flavors (I was lazy and used jarred organic this time, but feel free to use homemade). 
Slice zucchini into thin strips. I don't have a mandolin, so sliced them to about 1/8 in. Then lay them out and lightly salt each piece. Zucchini has a lot of moisture and this releases some of it, then pat with paper towels.
Combine 15oz part skim ricotta cheese, one egg, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese in a small bowl

Layer lasagna starting with sauce, then zucchini, then ricotta mixture and mozzarella cheese. Repeat until you use everything up!
Bake on 375 for 40 minutes, covered.

You'll never go back! (ok maybe you will, but this is still amazing)

No comments:

Post a Comment