Monday, October 15, 2012

Slow Cooked Apricot Pork Roast

I am really loving my crock pot. It just makes things so easy, especially when there are literally not enough minutes in a day. I don't even have time to be writing this post, but I'm taking a much needed break from my CPA cram sessions this week to share this yummy fall recipe.

Slow Cooked Apricot Pork Roast



Ingredients:
4 lb Boneless Pork Loin Roast
1 (18 oz) jar apricot preserves
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons cornstarch (to thicken sauce after slow cooking)

Directions:
In a med/large crock pot, whisk together the apricot preserves, chicken broth, and mustard until smooth. Add the onion then place the pork on top and spoon the sauce all over it. Cook on low for 8 hours.

After 8 hours remove the roast from the slow cooker and pour the sauce into a medium sauce pan. Whisk in cornstarch (or flavorless fiber like I use) to thicken, stirring constantly about 5 mins. Serve over the roast with brown rice or quinoa





No comments:

Post a Comment