Saturday, May 26, 2012

TLS Weeks 5 & 6 + Italian Spinach Pie

Weeks 5 & 6 on TLS are pretty similar to 3 & 4 only now introducing exercise is extremely important. YAY I CAN RUN!!! I started running again after detox week, but I hadn't gotten back into my normal weekly routine yet because I really wanted to see how the low glycemic diet alone would effect my body. And boy did it! I finally broke through that stubborn plateau and dropped another 10 lbs! I bought my first size 6 EVER. S-I-X! HOLLER!! I was never in single digit sizes let alone a 6! I have never felt better in my life and I am so excited to get back on track with training for a half marathon. I should note my first race won't be until the fall now since I had knee issues and then started TLS and had to break from my training and I DO NOT want to run my first race in the hot summer months. I want to come out alive, thank you.

I am usually drinking one TLS shake per day and I found a flavorless fiber supplement from GNC that I add to it so it really keeps me full for a long time. I drink my shake around 8:30 AM, have some fruit around 11:30/noon, then won't be hungry for lunch until 1 or 2 PM. The timing is great because most days I can't bring myself out of bed early enough before work to run, so my workouts are done after work and no one likes to run (especially distance) completely famished.




I would like to take a minute to thank the protein gods for eggs and cheese. Who doesn't love eggs and cheese!? One egg contains 13 essential vitamins and minerals, high-quality protein, and healthy unsaturated fats for just 75 calories. Well, this Italian Spinach Pie is a TLS recipe that has been a life saver. It is absolutely delicious and incredibly simple and quick to make. The great thing about it is that is can be modified in so many ways - you can use any veggies or cheeses you like.


Italian Spinach Pie
Yields 8 servings

Ingredients:
1 container (16 oz) low fat/non-fat Cottage Cheese
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
1 cup low fat shredded reduced fat Mozzarella Cheese
2 eggs plus 2 egg whites, beaten
1 jar (7 oz) roasted peppers, drained & chopped
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried oregano leaves

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well blended. Pour into greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 40 minutes or until center is set.




No comments:

Post a Comment