Thursday, August 23, 2012

Lemon Ricotta Pasta

Yes.... I needed my pasta fix.

Can we talk about how delicious this looks??


Adding slices of lemon right into the sauce really boosted up the flavor. And guess what.... every single thing in this is healthy. That's right, see all that creamy deliciousness? NO FAT. Why? Because there is no cream in this! I used fat free ricotta cheese mixed with a little non-fat milk and TONS of garlic. ohmigod.

This simple sauce can be mixed with so many combinations of veggies and protein. Tonight I chose spinach and feta chicken sausage along with some shrimp and broccoli. I want more.

Ingredients:
5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 Tbsp EVOO
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups fat free or reduced fat ricotta cheese
2 cups non-fat milk
1 Tbsp I Can't Believe it's Not Butter
1 lemon, sliced
1 cup shrimp, peeled & deveined
2 chicken sausage links, casing removed
2 cups whole grain pasta
2 cups broccoli, steamed
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved


Directions:
Cook the pasta according to the package directions and put aside. Heat the oil over med/high heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes, then add the sausage and cook through, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and add the ricotta, milk, lemon and "butter" and stir until combined. Add the shrimp and let them cook in the sauce until they turn pink. Finally, add the broccoli, tomatoes, and pasta and stir everything to combine. Cook over a low heat for 5 more minutes to combine flavors. Remove the slices of lemon before serving.




Also, I have to mention, I got these amazingly cute new shoes. I wish I had had them all summer!!


I love shoes.... and pasta. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment