Here we are 30 days later and feeling stronger than ever. I have been running for the past few years, but I never did much with strength training, so these workouts have been a whole new world for my body. We work a lot with kettlebells, TRX, and some high intensity interval trainings (HIIT!). The trainers are all so great to work with and are uplifting and motivating for every single person at every single session. When you are there you really feel like they just want the best for you and they want to do everything they can to help you reach your goals. They listen to you if you have any pains and work around it so you can still workout.
During week 3 I actually pulled my right quadricep pretty bad to the point where it hurt to walk for a couple of days. Normally, I would just take a few days off and let it heal, but with FNTS I was able to go in and workout with the trainers and not have to be delayed in my training. It was really great because running injuries have always stopped me in my path in the past!
Here is a picture posted by Frank Nash from a Saturday morning team conditioning session. So much energy!
30 Day Stats:
- 5 lbs lost (gained a lot of muscle!)
- Unfortunately, I don't know how to work the fancy muscle mass calc on my scale :(
- 7.00 inches overall
- My size sixes all fit again! woo! Now gimme size 4!
- I have been sticking to a 1200 calorie diet consisting of mostly lean proteins, fruits and vegetables. I will sometimes throw in a whole grains serving once a week (usually after a running day).
- SHAKES! I basically live off shakes. FNTS offers dotFit recovery shakes after each workout which are delicious and only around 200 calories. I also have been drinking the GNC Total Lean 25 shakes daily - lately for both breakfast and lunch. Then I have a normal balanced dinner.
- I'm also slightly obsessed with Quest Protein Bars - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough to be exact! These are gaining increasing popularity and are available at GNC. Perfect when you need a bite to eat on the go.
- Weekends: Even though I have consistently been attending the Saturday morning team classes, it is nutrition on the weekends that is hard to stick with...
- Grains: Mostly just cravings, because I loooove me some bread and pasta (true Italian), but it is always hard to limit grains. So far so good, but it is still a struggle!
- Running: Since I've been doing so many workouts at FNTS I haven't been doing as much running. I did go for a run this past week and couldn't believe how much stronger and faster I felt! All the strength training is really paying off, but I need to hit the pavement a couple more times a week so I can keep up with distance and endurance.
I am officially a full time member of Frank Nash Training Systems and loving every day of it! I do have a before and after 30 days picture (that I'm pretty impressed with myself), but I don't want to post the progress pics until I reach my goal.