Thursday, August 16, 2012

Veggie & Turkey Sausage Crust-less Quiche Cups

I know how important it is to never skip a meal, especially breakfast, so I wanted to make some grab and go quiche cups to make hectic mornings that much easier.


These are so easy to make! Just choose your favorite veggies, some low fat cheese, and combine! I opted to add some turkey sausage since I had some I needed to use up and I used a 5:1 ratio for egg whites to whole eggs.

Life has been so busy lately with work, keeping up with my daily workouts, and I am studying to take the CPA exam this year (bring on the $$$!), so having healthy meals ready to go is a must. I will not eat Dunkin Donuts. New rule since that has always been my go-to for last minute breakfast :) As TLS coaches like to say, "You weren't born with a bagel in your mouth"


Ingredients:
*Makes 1-1/2 to 2 dozen quiche cups
2 whole eggs
10 egg whites (one whole 16oz carton)
6 Turkey sausage links (I use fully cooked ones), chopped
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced red pepper
1 cup chopped raw broccoli
1/2 cup reduced fat colby-jack cheese
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
Salt & Pepper


Directions
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray or line a muffin pan. Whisk the eggs and eggs whites to combine in a large bowl. Add all of the veggies, sausage, cheese and seasonings and stir together. Fill the prepared muffin cups with about 1/4 cup of the mixture. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until the center is set. Remove from the pan and let cool before storing (or eat right away!)









The best part..... you can freeze them and reheat later!

Huge winner in my house :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment