I totally should not be posting this recipe here because there is nothing healthy about it! BUT everyone has a little sweet tooth and I have found that when you crave something sweet it is better to treat yourself to a little something (key word = little) Everything in moderation is fine.
That being said, who could resist chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake bars?!?!?! NOT THIS GIRL. Luckily this recipe that is all over the pinterest world only makes a small 8x8 batch AND I live with the cookie monster, so he ate the majority of the batch :)
Brings tears to your eyes, doesn't it?
I know a lot of people have a hard time with giving into temptation, but I think teaching yourself to resist the temptation is far more valuable in the long run. People who crash diet and lose a lot of weight fast tend to put that weight right back on and then some. A change in lifestyle is needed to get and stay healthy, so depriving yourself of some of God's sweetest creations (a.k.a. cookies) for the rest of your life is just absurd. God wants you to eat cookies....in moderation. I allowed myself to eat one of these little pieces of heaven and I probably won't bake again for a long time - months and months. Side note: I hate baking.
So dig in for your once every other month cookie/cheesecake allowance!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup chocolate chips
10 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper or foil allowing a little overhang and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Mix the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Remove pan to a cooling rack. Leave your oven on while you prepare the dough.
3. While the crust is cooling, prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth and thoroughly combined, about 1 minute. Mix in the flour on low speed, and mix until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla on low speed just until incorporated. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust. Using your hand to form clumps, distribute the cookie dough onto the top of the cheesecake batter in teaspoon-sized clumps. Be sure to use all of the dough.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the top feels dry and firm (the cookie dough) and the entire pan looks set if given a gentle shake. Move bars to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Chill in refrigerator overnight or for at least a couple hours.
6. Lift the bars out by the overhang and cut into squares for serving.
- adapted from The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook