Thursday, February 02, 2012

Broiled Tilapia with Mango Salsa


I have been dying to try out my own mango salsa recipe, and what better to serve with than some protein rich tilapia! Tilapia is the kind of fish that can be used in almost any white fish recipe and its mild taste makes it a crowd pleaser. Fish has been a huge part of my diet and this mango salsa adds so much flavor.
Since I work full time (and by full time I mean 50+ hours a week) I am not left with much time to figure out "What’s for dinner?"; the dreadful question that haunts so many people’s lives. PLANNING IS KEY. Every week before I do my grocery shopping I plan out the meals for the week because if I don’t Mr. Matthew will try and order chinese food or some other terribly bad food. Easy meals are also very important. Do not try out the latest Ina Garden recipe that calls for 1 hour prep time and 2 hours cooking time - bad idea. This recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights and if I can work from 8am to 6pm, go to the gym until 7-7:30, then come home and cook - you can, too.


Broiled Tilapia with Mango Salsa


For Salsa:
2 ripe mangos
1/4 cup finely diced red pepper
1/4 cup finely diced red onion
1 tsp fresh cilantro
1 tsp finely diced Jalapeno
1/4 cup chopped pineapple in juice (I use those mini fruit cups)
1 clove of garlic
Juice of 1 lime
Chop the mango into bite size pieces and combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill while making fish.

For Fish:
1-1 1/2 lbs Tilapia (I am always cooking for 2 so I use two filets)
Salt & Pepper
Preheat broiler and line a pan with tin foil. Season both sides of the filets with salt and pepper to taste. Broil fish for 2-3 minutes per side.
Serve fish over rice and black beans and top with Mango Salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment